Bachelor's Degree Scholarship

A Bachelor’s Degree is usually earned at a four-year college or university. Articulation agreements with eleven four-year colleges and universities in Michigan allow providers working in the field of early childhood to transfer credits earned from a community college, and apply them toward a Bachelor’s Degree.

T.E.A.C.H. Eligibility
  • Work a minimum of 20 hours per week in a licensed child care center, group home or registered family home.
  • Earn $17.00 or less per hour.
  • Be admitted to one of the participating colleges/universities.
  • Eligible to receive Michigan in-state student tuition rate.
  • Have earned a minimum of 55 credits that will articulate towards a Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education or child development.
  • Provide evidence that you have applied for financial aid.
  • Work for a center or group home that agrees to sponsor you.
  • Retroactive scholarships are available.
  • Remain employed for at least one year after successful contract completion.

Scholarship Supports:
  • The majority of the cost of tuition, fees and books for 9-18 credits in a contract year at a participating college/university.
  • A travel stipend.
  • A bonus of either $200 or $400 (depending on scholarship model).

Part-time Associate Degree T.E.A.C.H. Bachelor's Degree T.E.A.C.H. particating colleges and universities TEACH brochure contact T.E.A.C.H.