***2018 Special Election*** Call for Governing Board Candidates for Chapter Members-at-Large in the following regions: Central Chapter, Eastern Chapter, Southern Chapter, and Upper Peninsula Chapter!
Click HERE to apply for an open position!
The Chapter Member at Large is charged with acting as a liaison to provide communication between the regional chapter, the state affiliate, and the Governing Board, and serve as leadership for the designated regional chapter.
The Chapter Member at Large shall:
- Sign and uphold the Chapter Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) as the designated representative of the regional chapter
- Oversee the financial transactions and reporting of the regional chapter, provide support to the regional chapter, as requested and appropriate
- Maintain communication between the Governing Board, the state affiliate and the regional chapter, as appropriate
- Coordinate the regional chapter leadership team
- Attend Michigan AEYC Governing Board meetings. If unable to attend, this person has the responsibility to find a substitute to attend this meeting as a representative of the chapter
- Inform the regional chapter of Michigan AEYC activities
- Represent the interests of the regional chapter by communicating its position to the Michigan AEYC Governing Board
- Guide the regional chapter in partnership with Michigan AEYC to retain and recruit members to NAEYC
- Serve on ad hoc and special committees, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Current Governing Board Members
Michigan AEYC Bylaws (PDF)
President (2018-2020): Laurie Linscott – firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediate Past President: Kelly Kreider – email@example.com
Vice President (2018-2020): Casey Sterle – firstname.lastname@example.org