GSRP Lead Teacher / Child Care Lead Teacher, Niles, MI
Contact Person: Mary Wardlaw
Job Location: 210 E Main St
Niles, MI 49120
Job Title: GSRP Lead Teacher / Child Care Lead Teacher
Job Description: SUMMARY: This position serves as the Lead Teacher in a GSRP classroom of preschool children by planning, implementing, and supervising all classroom activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
Assist in the ongoing program evaluation using the Program Quality Assessment (PQA.)
Create meaningful program quality improvement goals and objectives using the PQA and other program data.
Oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the classroom program and child screening(s)
Collaborate with the teaching staff to create meaningful child development goals.
Assist in daily operation of the program including certain clerical and record keeping duties.
Development/Implementation of interesting, stimulating, and challenging indoor and outdoor daily activities.
Establish positive relationships with parents, staff and the community. Conduct 2 parent/teacher conferences and be present at (2) parent advisory council meetings.
Participate in professional development.
Follow and implement the policies and procedures of The Children’s Center
Follow and implement the policies and procedures of the Department of Human Services Licensing Guidelines.
Work with additional program staff to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
Assure that children’s records remain confidential.
Ensure and carry out daily/weekly housekeeping chores for the classroom licensing requirements.
Support the social and emotional development of children.
Interact with the children and families in a way which conveys respect and nurturing.
It will be the lead teacher’s responsibility to play with children; this will often mean getting down on the floor to interact with them. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
Talk with prospective parents to help them understand the benefits of being enrolled in your classroom.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Candidates MUST hold a Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development OR an Elementary Education Degree with a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate including a ZS.
Job link: http://www.thechildrenscenterinc.com/career.html
Closing Date for Job: Aug 01, 2018
Young Fives Teacher (Developmental Kindergarten), Wayland, MI
Contact Person: Christi Atwood
Job Location: 850 E Superior St
Wayland, MI 49348
Job Title: Young Fives Teacher (Developmental Kindergarten)
Job Description: This is a new Young Fives Teaching position working at Baker Elementary School in the Wayland Union School District located in Wayland Michigan.
Job Notice Link: https://www.applitrack.com/aasac/onlineapp/jobpostings/view.asp?district=37822&Itemid=356
Closing Date for Job: Jun 25, 2018
Young Fives Teacher at Grace Church Preschool, Grand Rapids, MI
Contact Person: Jill VanderWoude
Job Location: Grace Church Preschool
1815 Hall Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Job Title: Young Fives Teacher at Grace Church Preschool
Job Description: We are looking for a Young Fives Teacher at Grace Church Preschool. If you are interested please email [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Please include a resume and a list of references. This position would begin on Monday, August 13 and end on Friday, May 31. Our young fives program is growing! Each day there is a special (art, music, Spanish and PE) so you will have planning time each day. Your salary would be based on your experience. This ideal candidate would love and follow Jesus, have passion for teaching young children, a BA degree in Elementary Education and/or a CDA in Early Childhood education. Thank you!
About Us: We are Grand Rapids’ oldest preschool, serving the community since 1950. We are licensed by the state of Michigan and we operate as a non-profit ministry of Grace Episcopal Church. We are located in a large bright area in the church’s lower level. Grace Church Preschool is ready to serve you and your preschooler!
Our Philosophy: We believe that each child is a unique individual, created in the image of God. We know that the early years in a young child’s life are the most important years for learning, loving and gaining trust. We provide a warm, welcoming and caring Christian atmosphere, a devoted staff and positive learning environment that encourages the intellectual, social, emotional, spiritual, physical and creative development of each child.
Mission Statement: We believe that play is the most important activity in the lives of children. Through a variety of learning experiences, activities and multi-cultural materials, children will build understanding, empathy, self-identity and a positive self-image
• Teach Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
• Work from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Attend weekly staff preschool staff meeting
• Attend weekly church staff meeting
• Attend trainings as necessary (Safeguarding God’s Children, Safeguarding God’s People, CPR and First Aid)
• Obtain 18 hours in Early Childhood Education (Professional Development Hours) each year
• Pass a national background check
• Teach a class of up to 16 students from September-May
• Plan daily activities and lessons that correspond with curriculum
• Teach letters, numbers and colors
• Help student explore the world around them
• Maintain a safe and healthy environment
• Help students learn classroom procedures
• Help students learn personal responsibility and respect for fellow students
• Use appropriate behavior management and classroom discipline
• Establish consistent communication with parents and children
• Monitor classroom behavior, recognize and adapt to problems
• Supervise parent volunteers and parental involvement
• Teach a Bible story daily
• Integrate the Christian faith with learning
o Certified teachers preferred.
o College degree required or equivalent experience
o Previous teaching experience required and experience working with young children.
o Should have a practical understanding of early childhood education.
• Personal Qualities
o The Young 5’s Teacher will be a committed Christian whose passion and calling is teaching young children and helping to nurture their spiritual development
o In addition, knowledge of the Bible and an interest in exploring the Episcopal tradition and beliefs are important to this position.
o The Young 5’s teacher must be able to work independently and collaboratively and have some experience with organizing people and programs.
o Need to be friendly, inviting, self-motivated, even-tempered, adaptable and able to work as a team with other teachers and the director.
Compensation commensurate depending on experience and education.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or 1815 Hall St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Job Notice Link: https://www.facebook.com/GraceChurchPreschool/?modal=composer¬if_id=1528136943884064¬if_t=aymt_make_page_post_tip
Closing Date for Job: Jul 31, 2018
Lead Infant, Toddler, Early Preschool & Pre-K Teacher, Troy, MI
Contact Person: Sydney Varner
Job Location: 4533 Crooks Rd
Troy, MI 48098
Job Title: Lead Infant, Toddler, Early Preschool & Pre-K Teacher
Job Description: Childtime Learning Cener in Troy is Hiring Lead Teachers!
Child care center located on 4533 Crooks
$750 Sign On Bonus!
We are seeking Lead Teachers for our Infant, Toddler, Early Preschool and Pre-k classrooms.
Our Lead Teachers…
Create fun and interactive learning experiences while serving as mentors to fellow Teachers.
Are caring, compassionate and love what they do!
Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all company standards.
Communicate directly with parents and prospective parents to achieve success for the child.
Maintain a fun and interactive classroom that is clean and organized.
Have countless advancement opportunities through our on-going training and expansive network of centers and brands.
Are rewarded with hugs from children and praise from parents every day!
We are most interested in talking to applicants that have:
Experience working in a licensed childcare facility is preferred
An Associate’s Degree or higher in early childhood education or child development or a CDA is required
The ability to meet state and/or accreditation requirements for education and experience
Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work
Must be at least 18 years of age
Job Posting Link: https://careers.learningcaregroup.com/jobsearch/job-details/child-care-lead-teacher-/3511319/1/
Closing Date for Job: Aug 30, 2018
Preschool Teacher Assistant, Head Start for Kent County, Walker, MI
Contact Person: Claire Kingsley
Job Location: Head Start for Kent County
2626 Walker Ave NW
Walker, MI 49544
Job Title: Preschool Teacher Assistant
Job Description: Head Start for Kent County is seeking Preschool Teacher Assistants to ensure a safe environment for children in accordance with performance standards by meeting the physical, social, intellectual, emotional and cultural needs of each enrolled child in partnership with their parents.
(GSRP) Full Day
•An Associate degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or the equivalent; or
•A valid classroom (CDA) Child Development Associate credential; or
•Complete a plan of Action form certifying* that within two (2) years they will complete one of the following: ◦Associate degree in ECE or CD or the equivalent
◦A CDA credential
(HS4KC) Half Day
•High School Diploma or GED (and) must be enrolled** in a CDA program that will be completed within two (2) years
•Associate or Bachelor degree in any field (Associate or Bachelor degree in ECE or CD preferred) or be enrolled** in a program leading to such a degree
Hours depending on Site (Monday-Thursday 7:00am-4:00pm and Friday 7:30am-11:30am) or (Monday-Thursday 7:45am-4:45pm and Friday 7:30am-11:30am)
Head Start for Kent County offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our employees: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(K) Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Sick Time (8 hours per month), Paid Personal Days (2 days per year), Paid Vacation, Paid Snow Days, No Evening Work (Most Positions)
Job link: https://www.hs4kc.org/careers/job-opportunities/
Closing Date for Job: Jul 04, 2018
Lead Teacher, Curious Kids Early Learning Center, Portage, MI
Contact Person: Kathy Silva
Job Location: Curious Kids Early Learning Center
Portage, MI 49024
Job Title: Lead Teacher
Job Description: Job Summary: Plans and implements activities and daily schedule for the children in the classroom using the Creative Curriculum.
Working Conditions: Climate controlled classroom setting with moderate noise level; outdoor play in hot and cold temperatures.
1) Plans and prepares materials, implements daily activities and small group activities, following the Creative Curriculum structure.
2) Reports directly to Safe Harbor Coordinator
3) Oversees the Preschool Assistants and Supports in the classroom.
4) Responsible for providing direct care to children at a ratio set by licensing standards on a consistent basis; adheres to PQA standards.
5) Conducts baseline annual screening within the first 30 days of a child’s enrollment to determine level of development.
6) Takes observational notes on each child in the classroom daily, which guides planning.
7) Provide guidance for children who need assistance with conflict resolution and other social skills.
8) Communicates with parents daily regarding their child’s needs and/or progress in a polite, caring manner.
9) Organizes a daily schedule for the children, incorporating developmentally appropriate activities throughout the day.
10) Communicates program and classroom happenings with parents through weekly newsletters and emails.
11) Creates and post weekly plans on the classroom door per Licensing.
12) Collaborates with Safe Harbor Coordinator in evaluating the Preschool Assistant and Suport staff for annual review.
13) Maintains an awareness of Center happenings by checking email for communications.
14) Attends training workshops on Creative Curriculum and other child-related topics.
15) Meets weekly for a Lead Teacher meeting with ELC Coordinator.
16) Attends monthly meeting with other Early Childhood professionals in the district.
17) Attends IEP (Individual Educational Plan) when requested.
18) Conducts parent/teacher conferences two times per year.
19) Expected to participate in special events such as family night and open house.
20) Expected to be knowledgeable of Center and Licensing rules.
Education, Experience, Skills knowledge and Abilities:
1) Bachelor Degree in education for a child related field or CDA
2) Strong communication skills.
Email interest in position to Kathy Silva at Ksilva@nullportageps.org.
Closing Date for Job: Jun 15, 2018
Preschool Teacher, Somerset Early Childhood Center, Rochester Hills, MI
Contact Person: Anne Porter
Job Location: Somerset Early Childhood Center
1385 S Adams Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Job Title: Preschool Teacher
Job Description: NAEYC Accredited Early Childhood Program seeks full-time, Monday-Friday (8:30-4:30) or part-time preschool teacher, Monday-Friday (8:30-1:00pm), with a possibility of adding afternoons as afternoon enrollment increases.
• 4 year college/university degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or a related field is required.
• Interested applicants with Elementary Education degrees must also have an Early Childhood endorsement and teaching experience with children 4 years of age or younger.
Essential qualities and experience include:
• A commitment to continuous life-long learning in the area of ECE
• A high level of respect for young children
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining a developmentally appropriate, inquiry-focused, project-based classroom
• Effective child observation and assessment skills
• Early literacy knowledge and experience
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• A desire to make a positive contribution to a highly professional ECE team.
Each of our classrooms has two fully qualified teachers who team-teach together, and plan with a second pair of teachers who are in another classroom at the same developmental level. Working in this program would be an excellent match for the Early Childhood educator or who desires to work with a highly professional team, and is interested in staying current in the areas of research and best practice in Early Childhood Education.
Applicants should be available to begin in late August. If you are interested in additional hours, we also have a Before Care position open which could be added to the part time teacher position. The hours for that position are from 7:00 am-9:00 am, Monday – Friday.
Closing Date for Job: Jun 30, 2018
Assistant Preschool Director, First Kids Preschool (First United Methodist Church), Birmingham, MI
Contact Person: Lori Handzel
Job Location: First Kids Preschool
First United Methodist Church
Birmingham, MI 48009
Job Title: Assistant Preschool Director
Job Description: To assist with leadership of the First Kids Preschool in accordance with First Birmingham policies and procedures, State of Michigan licensing standards and all federal laws. Create and maintain a safe, nurturing, Christian environment for children, parents and staff. The Assistant Director will work in tandem with the director for staff management, parent communication, budget creation and maintenance, and curriculum development of all classrooms. The Assistant Director will work alongside the preschool director to provide relevant training and continuing education opportunities for license compliance. The Assistant Director works with the Director to ensure hiring and staff procedures are met including performance reviews, vacation requests and substitute teacher needs. The Assistant Director is aware of and follows all safety, security and license guidelines and procedures and serves as the responsible leader in the absence of the Director. In the Director’s absence, the assistant director is the person responsible for all aspects of preschool operations including, but not limited to assisting teachers, children and parents in all classrooms as needed. The Assistant Director will act as substitute/additional teacher across all classrooms as needed.
Job notice link: https://www.fumcbirmingham.org/welcome/employment-opportunities-2/
Closing Date for Job: May 25, 2018
Center Director, KiddieKlub, Rochester Hills, MI
Contact Person: Candice Sproat
Job Location: KiddieKlub Childcare and Preschool 2897 Crooks Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Job Title: Center Director
Job Description: KiddieKlub is currently accepting applications for a Center Director. The Center Director is responsible for the care, supervision, and management of all children in accordance with the state licensing requirements and overall goals of KiddieKlub. The Center Director reports to the Center Owners. Come join our fun and friendly team of staff while providing genuine care and education!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create and maintain a clean, positive, safe, and loving atmosphere
• Oversee day to day operations and implement state licensing standards
• Develop, implement, and evaluate center policies and procedures
• Ensure safety, health, and caring management of all children entrusted to the facility
• Plan and implement team member meetings and professional development activities
• Hire, train, schedule, and evaluate team members
• Oversee KiddieKlub food program
• Oversee the development of center curriculum and extra-curricular activities
• Maintain center enrollment and child transition calendar
• Assist in the center budgeting
– Must be at least 21 years of age
– Have a high school diploma
– Have current certification in infant, child, and adult CPR and first aid
– One of the following:
o Bachelor’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
o Bachelor’s degree or higher in a child-related field including 18 semester hours of E.C.E. or C.D. coursework and 480 hours of experience
o Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development including 18 semester hours of E.C.E. or C.D. coursework and 480 hours of experience.
We are looking for someone who has exceptional communication skills, strives to develop positive teamwork, consistently displays positive energy, and continuously works to create and maintain a loving, safe, and nurturing atmosphere throughout the entire center. If you possess ALL of the requirements listed above and believe you are qualified for the position, please e-mail resume and cover letter to Candi Sproat at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person.
Salary position starting at $36,000+ based on experience. Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Health Benefits, Tuition Discounts
Closing Date for Job: Aug 31, 2018
Lead GSRP (PreK) Teacher, Highland Park, MI
Contact Person: Dezarae Adams
Job Location: 14510 Second Avenue
Highland Park, MI 48203
Job Title: Lead GSRP (PreK) Teacher
Job Description: Immediate Opening
Job Title: Prekindergarten Lead Teacher (Full time position)
Salary $35,000+ benefits (10 month contract)
Program: Great Start Readiness Program
Reports to: Prekindergarten Programs Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Prekindergarten Lead Teacher is responsible for the academic, social-emotional growth and development of all children in their care; developing partnerships with families to engage and encourage parent participation in program. The Lead Teacher is also responsible for assuring compliance with codes set forth by Michigan Child Care Licensing Laws, MDE and Wayne RESA; and works collegially with other staff members of George Washington Carver Academy while adhering to the NAEYC Code of Ethics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Report to work Monday- Friday, 7:30am-3:45p; conferences, home visits, staff meetings, and other special events as deemed necessary
• Maintain a working knowledge of expected child development performance standards and their relationship to HighScope curriculum, assessments, and procedures.
• Complete and maintain all paperwork, reports, receipts, and child records in accordance with WRESA’s expectations and submit them in a timely and professional manner.
• Maintain educational and health credentials as necessary.
• Assist with functioning and monitoring of nutrition and food service.
• Assist with the supervision, information dissemination, and functional training of Assistant teacher, Caregiver, and other adult guest assigned to the classroom.
• Participate in on-going in-service and educational development opportunities provided by the program.
• Completes yearly performance evaluations at least twice per year.
• Reports all staffing and classroom needs/concerns to supervisor in a timely manner.
• Reports family changes in schedules and excessive absences to administration in a timely manner.
• Participate in ongoing development and evaluation of center’s goals and objectives.
• Assist in creating and maintaining a high quality educational environment for children, families, and staff.
• Ability to handle crisis situations, including assisting in evacuating the building during emergencies.
• Staff must believe in and act in accordance with both the GWCA’s and WRESA’s mission statements.
• Understand and support the children in accordance with the “learning through play” philosophy.
• Interact with children at their level.
• Ability to keep children within sight and sound supervision at all times.
• Maintain primary responsibility for developing weekly plans and implementing the HighScope curriculum to nurture and stimulate all domains of children’s development in their care.
• Provides a healthy, safe, clean and developmentally appropriate environment that reflects the children’s learning andgrowth.
• On an on-going basis, plan, evaluate and improve the physical environment in the classroom to create opportunities to meet the changing needs of the developing child.
• Perform on-going developmental evaluations of children as required by Wayne RESA and COR that addresses the individual needs of each child.
• Provide responsive care to all children by adapting daily care giving routines and plans to the interests and needs of the individual child and the group.
• Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for the child’s background by incorporating the cultural, linguistic and familial values and beliefs into the classroom and lesson plans.
• Exchange information and serve as a member of a multi-disciplinary intervention/prevention team.
• Completes child transition and orientation of the classroom with parents.
• Promote parent participation and involvement in education activities provided for their children.
• Maintain ongoing and professional open communication with parents/ guardians.
• Provide a classroom environment that encourages parent participation.
• Ensure that each family receives an opportunity to build strong relationships and experience clear communicationwith teaching staff.
• Conduct parent conferences at least twice per year (at least 45 minutes) and home visits at least twice per year (60 minutes) to discuss children’s developmental progress, needs and interests.
• Liaison with children’s families to ensure smooth transition from home to child care setting and transitions from classroom to classroom when needed.
• Assist families with children’s transitions from preschool to kindergarten.
• Completes and reports any symptoms of child abuse to supervisor and/or child abuse hotline.
• Completes daily health checks regarding hygiene, safety, and overall well being of the children.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
• 2 years teaching experience: Experience with at-risk children is preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Preferred)
• Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with Early Childhood Education (ZA) or Early Childhood Special Education (ZS) endorsement
• First aide, CPR, AED
• HighScope Certified Teacher
• Food Handler’s Certificate
• Nonviolent CPI training
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude /disposition.
• Ability to remain confidential when exposed to sensitive information.
• Ability to use the computer to input developmental data, especially Google applications and the Microsoft Suite.
• Ability to make decisions on behalf of children and protect their well-being (advocacy).
• Willing to take imitative and self directed.
• All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who areserved by our program. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able tofunction effectively with children, adolescents and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriateexpression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessaryor inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employeeis required to:
• Frequently walks, uses hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talks or hears.
• Often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat or crawl.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds and in case of emergency a 40 pound child.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheralvision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
Send cover letter, resume, transcripts, degree, and certificates to Dezarae Adams:
George Washington Carver Academy Preschool is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with
respect and dignity.
Closing Date for Job: Aug 01, 2018
Childcare Assistant, Ann Arbor, MI
Contact Person: Marcy Tyson
Job Location: 3445 Ferry Street Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1905
Job Title: Childcare Assistant
Compensation: minimum wage-experience /education increase eligible
employment type: part-time
Cuddle Creek is hiring an in-home daycare assistant to join us in days full of fun for infants and toddlers!
Cuddle Creek Childcare is a family owned business which offers a loving family enriched environment for up to 12 children ages 6 weeks and up. We have been a licensed group child care home since 1999. It is our mission to provide a safe, secure, loving, healthy and challenging environment for your child to spend the day.
We are a diverse, family owned business providing a nurturing environment for children and families. We believe play is a child’s work, we believe in respect for all and a child’s right to be included, and we believe that all children contribute to the betterment of our ever-changing world.
Enthusiasm, Reliability & Compassion . Background check required
Monday, Tuesday , Wednesday , Thursday, Friday
1:30 pm-5:30 pm
** more hours possible if desired.
Bringing your own child daily is welcome.
Job site: www.cuddlecreekchildcare.com
Closing Date for Job: May 31, 2018
Assistant Teacher, East Lansing, MI
Job Location: Michigan State University Child Development Laboratories, East Lansing campus
325 W. Grand River Ave.
East Lansing, MI 48823
Job Title: Assistant Teacher
Job Description: The Child Development Laboratories, a NAEYC accredited center, is seeking motivated professionals for temporary assistant teacher positions. Requirements are a Bachelor degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or similar degree, commitment to the field of early care and education, and a growth mindset. Responsibilities include using developmentally appropriate practice, working collaboratively with a teaching team and university students, planning and assessment.
Hours are Monday-Friday, 9:30-6:00. Anticipated employment June 2018 through August 2019.
Interested candidates can email their resume to Phillip Baumgarner at email@example.com.
You can also call this number for more information: 517-355-1900.
Closing Date for Job: May 28, 2018
Lead Teacher, Eaton Rapids, MI
Contact Person: Julie Harris
Job Location: VFW National Home for Children
3573 S. Waverly Rd.
Eaton Rapids, MI 48827
Job Title: Lead Teacher
Job Description: Provide direct care, education, supervision, and guidance of children in a daycare setting. Apply nursery program policies and procedures in the performance of daily duties and assignments. Responsible for adhering to State of Michigan Licensing rules and regulations. Assist the Assistant Teachers, Lead Teachers, and supervisor.
Directly responsible to both of the Childcare Center Services Supervisors and may receive daily guidance and direction from Lead Teachers and Assistant Teachers, as assigned. Responsible for the daily care and safety of assigned group of children. Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of designated information. Responsible for ensuring proper use and care of nursery building and equipment. Responsible for the reporting of suspected child abuse or neglect, as a Mandated Reporter as defined by Act #238 of the Public Acts of 1975. Employees of a licensed child care center must report to the center licensee (at the VFWNHC you must report to either the Childcare Center Services Supervisors , Program Director, or Executive Director) within three business days after he or she has been arraigned for one or more crimes as specified in the Child Care Organizations Act (1973 PA 116). Also attached to this position description is the Employee Notification to Child Care Center of Arraignment Form (BCAL – 1486) to report the arraignment.
Job link: https://www.vfwnationalhome.org/employment
Closing Date for Job: Jul 04, 2018
Teacher Assistant, Bloomfield Hills, MI
Contact Person: Kerry Malczewski
Job Location: Little Lambs at Christ Church Cranbrook
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Job Title: Teacher Assistant
Job Description: Responsible for assisting the Lead Teacher in the daily management of the classroom by guiding each child in their spiritual, emotional, social, academic and physical growth so each child receives a solid educational foundation aligned with High Scope’s Key Developmental Indicators (KDI’s) , and the curriculum created by the Little Lambs Educational Committee . Must also believe in and follow the philosophy and goals of Little Lambs while adhering to all State of Michigan licensing regulations and Little Lambs staff handbook policies.
Job site: www.littlelambsccc.org
Closing Date for Job: Jun 30, 2018
Daycare Teacher Assistant (Christian Child Care Center), Kent City, MI
Contact Person: Pam Van Hoven
Job Location: Wee Knights Child Development Center
P.O. Box 220 14471 Sparta Ave. Kent City, MI 49330
Job Title: Daycare teacher assistant in a Christian Child Care Center.
Job Description: Daycare teacher assistant in a Christian Child Care Center. Need to be able to give and receive directions to children and staff. Some experience working with children is required. 16 hours of training is required each year; paid for by the daycare. Hours are variable between the hours of 6:00am and 6:00pm Monday through Friday. Days consist of 8-10 hour days 3-4 days a week. Director is somewhat flexible with scheduling.
Job site: www.algomachristian.net
Closing Date for Job: Sep 30, 2018
Lead Toddler Teacher, Marquette, MI
Contact Person: Korry Richer
Job Location: Marquette MI
Marquette, MI 49855
Job Title: Lead Toddler Teacher
Job Description: Develop lesson plans, implement plans with other staff members and children.
Work as team leader, facilitator and guide with toddler staff.
Oversee toddler program and development of children and staff.
Follow best practices for care and learning in the center environment.
Be aware of the room and environment and see to the cleaning and organization with other staff members.
Work closely with team member, other management and parents.
Other as determined for the center
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (or check us out on indeed!)
Closing Date for Job: Sep 10, 2018
Full and Part time Wobbler/Toddler Teachers, Walker, MI
Contact Person: Amy Burke
Job Location: Rugrats Hideout Daycare & Learning Center
3950 Lake Michigan Drive NW
Walker, MI 49534
Job Title: Full and Part time Wobbler/Toddler Teachers
Job Description: We are in search of a qualified wobbler/toddler classrooms. Accepting full and part time applications.
Starting pay is $10.00/hr.
Our daycare is a small center and we are licensed for 60 children. We provide care to children newborn – 12 years old.
Posting link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/rugratshideoutdaycare/jobs/?ref=page_internal
Lead Infant & Toddler Teachers, Orion Charter Township, MI
We are now hiring Lead Infant & Toddler teachers! We are looking for energetic candidates that are interested in working in Early Childhood Education.
Rainbow Child Care Center is one of the country’s fastest growing providers of high-quality child care and early education. We focus on providing a “home away from home” environment, incorporating innovative curriculum which supports children by building their confidence through hands-on exploration.
We offer competitive benefits; medical, dental, vision and supplemental coverage. We also offer 401K, paid time off as soon as 90 days of employment and a great child care discount. Because of our growth, extensive promotional opportunities are available.
Job notice found here: https://www.rainbowccc.com/careers
Closing Date for Job: Sep 01, 2018
Faculty Position (Full Time/Part Time), Ann Arbor, MI
Washtenaw Community College, located in Ann Arbor, MI is looking for a full-time Early Childhood Education and Development Instructor. The successful faculty member will be expected to provide quality instruction, during the day, evening and/or weekends, to students in the Early Childhood Education Programs at the certificate and associate degree credit levels. This includes developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering high quality instruction, assessing student learning, advising students, and participating in college service activities at the department, division, and college levels.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitates student learning in the Early Childhood Education program, which may include, but not be limited to the following curriculum areas: Child Development, CDA Functional Areas, and Administration of Child Care Programs. Practicum supervision and courses related to curriculum development.
- Develops and plans appropriate instructional strategies, including alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to hybrid, face-to-face, evening and weekend, accelerated, online course delivery, active learning, and flipped classrooms.
- Develops and maintains curriculum in a variety of non-traditional formats to meet student delivery needs in collaboration with department/ division staff; participates in instructional and curriculum articulation activities with other programs, other departments of the College, other colleges and universities, and District K-12 partners.
- Participate in college events, which may fall outside a faculty’s schedule, that promote our program and the college, such as; recruiting events, campus tours organized by the college, open houses and competitions sponsored by the department, etc.
- Maintains professional relationships with agencies and other institutions committed to supporting quality early childhood education. These relationships may be maintained by committee membership, board membership, outreach, partnerships in providing training and education to area professionals, and participation in other activities and initiatives throughout the region.
- Advise students on registration, course selections, career decisions and other academic and vocational concerns.
- Actively participate in department meetings and program advisory committee meetings
- Maintain accurate and confidential records of student progress and submit final grade rosters each semester in accordance with college policy and FERPA.
- Post and maintain regular office hours to ensure accessibility to colleagues and students for advisement and consultation.
- Assist with hiring and oversee/direct part-time staff.
- Master’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution in Early
Childhood Education, Child Development or related
field required. Minimum 5 years full-time work experience in the field as well some teaching experience at the community college required.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient computer skills, the ability to multi-task and organizational skills.
- Must be available to instruct days, nights and weekends and available year-round for events, college business, etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate organizational skills, a positive management style and the ability to communicate effectively with students, administration and staff.
Part-time, Lead Caregivers, Childcare Director, Muskegon, MI
In Need of:
Part-time Caregivers with childcare experience. Responsibilities: engaging with children ages 6 weeks to 12 years, family style meals, light cleaning, changing diapers, helping lead caregiver, communication with parents. More responsibilities discussed in interview.
Lead Caregivers with CDA or higher. Responsibilities: engaging with children ages 6 weeks to 12 years, Family style eating, light cleaning, meal program paperwork, classroom curriculum, communication with parents, change diapers. More responsibilities discussed in interview.
Childcare Director with CDA or Higher and 12 semester hours. Responsibilities: Supervise staff, office paperwork (examples in interview), Microsoft word/excel experience, meal/snack prep, training updates, Great Start to Quality monthly meetings, monthly meetings with staff, parent communication, collects payments, light cleaning. More responsibilities discussed in interview.
We are only collecting serious applicants. Please send resume to email provided. Hiring now!
Contact info: 231-777-7443 (Sandy)
Jobs will be posted within a week of submission.
Job Seekers: The NAEYC Career Forum is free to all job seekers and provides you with access to the best employers and jobs in the industry.
Employers: The NAEYC Career Forum offers cost-effective rates and will put your jobs in front of exactly the right candidates – saving you both money and time.