Preschool Teacher, Head Start for Kent County, Walker, MI
Head Start for Kent County is hiring Preschool Teachers. Our Central Office is located at 2626 Walker Ave NW Walker, MI 49544; but we have opportunities at our ten locations throughout the county (To be discussed at interview). Please visit www.hs4kc.org for locations. Career page: https://www.hs4kc.org/careers/job-opportunities/
Applications for this opening will be accepted until 2/15/18; however, resumes/applications are always accepted should a position become available in the future.
Job posting here.
Early Head Start Teacher, Bright Beginnings, Detroit, MI
Under supervision, facilitates all activities for Child Development participants, assuring that all Child Development policies and procedures are implemented. Position will also implement programming to enhance High Scope Curriculum and early childhood development.
- Ability to work with infants and toddlers and their families
- Assists with maintaining records as required (i.e., daily enrollment and attendance)
- Implements prepared weekly lesson plans and activities that reinforce early learning
- Implements and monitors daily activities (i.e., story time, music, exercise, and lunch)
- Implements High Scope curriculum and screens children for small group placement
- Recruit appropriate children for Child Care Center/After School Program
- Maintains inventory as approved by the Bright Beginning’s Director
- Monitors parents and children during field trips
- Assigns small group activities
- Provides verbal and written observations of children in the Child Development Center
- Cleans, sterilizes, and stores toys and equipment
- Supervise and/or assist children with clean up, outdoor play, handwashing before and after diaper changing
- Daily Cor during Naps
- Attend Child Development training/workshops assigned by supervisor
- Ensure confidential protocol within the department
Full job posting here.
Lead Teacher (1), Associate Teacher (2), Caregiver (1), George Washington Carver Academy, Highland Park, MI
Application Closing Date:
Until Positions are Filled
Immediate Available Positions with Sign On Bonuses!:
- Lead Teacher (1) – Job posting here
- Associate Teacher (2)- Job posting here
- Caregiver (1) – Job posting here
On-Call Associate Teacher, Schoolcraft College, Livonia, MI
- Ability to positively and effectively communicate with families at drop off/pick up transitions, as needed.
- Ability to confidently lead teacher-planned activities and meet the objectives of the lesson.
- Ability to conduct formal and informal assessments; document assessments.
- Effectively communicate, in written or verbal form, any pertinent information to Early Childhood Teachers, and Center Directors.
- Be a model teacher for early childhood students in the program, and supervise teaching assistants.
- Attend meetings and family events, as necessary.
- Obtain a minimum of 24 hours of staff training, yearly.
- In addition to the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct, read, understand, enforce and adhere to the policies and procedures detailed in employee and Family Handbooks.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Full job posted here
Lead Teacher (GSRP), School for the Mind and Body, Clarkston, MI
A School for the Mind and Body is looking for an applicant for the lead teacher position in our GSRP. The applicant must have a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate and an Early Childhood Education (ZA) or Early Childhood-General and Special Education (ZS) Endorsement, or a Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education. The applicant should have knowledge of the HighScope Curriculum. A School for the Mind and Body is located in Clarkston, MI. The crossroads are Baldwin and Clarkston. If you believe you are qualified for this position, please e-mail your resume to Nanci Canine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Childhood Education Supervisor, Oakland Family Services, Pontiac, MI
The Early Childhood Education Supervisor is responsible for the daily management of the Children’s Learning Center and Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) located at either the Walled Lake or Pontiac location. The Early Childhood Education Supervisor is responsible for implementing and supervising of the all program components, including (but not limited to): childcare services, preschool programming, volunteer participation and professional development. The Early Childhood Education Supervisor reports to the Director of Early Childhood Services.
Full job posting here.
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
The College of Education at Wayne State University invites applications for an open-rank tenure-track position in Early Childhood Education (ECE) to begin in August 2018. The ECE program emphasizes teaching and conducting research with children from birth to age eight.
The successful candidate will demonstrate evidence of scholarly productivity and potential for securing external research funding. The successful candidate also will be able to teach in areas such as classroom pedagogy, curriculum, translating theory into practice, and play theory. Applications particularly are encouraged from candidates whose research programs are in the areas of family-centered inquiries, young children’s social and emotional development, and equity pedagogies that address the diversity of children and families within urban communities.
Full job description here.
Job Seekers: The NAEYC Career Forum is free to all job seekers and provides you with access to the best employers and jobs in the industry.Job Seekers
Employers: The NAEYC Career Forum offers cost-effective rates and will put your jobs in front of exactly the right candidates – saving you both money and time.Employers