your Open Early Childhood Position on the
Michigan AEYC Website
To post an open position, email the following information
· Job location.
· Job description.
· Link to the job notice on your website (if you have one).
· Contact person.
· Closing date (when the notice will be removed).
|NAEYC Career Forum
Job Seekers: The NAEYC Career Forum is free to all job seekers and provides you with access to the best employers and jobs in the industry.
Employers: The NAEYC Career Forum offers cost-effective rates and will put your jobs in front of exactly the right candidates - saving you both money and time. http://www.naeyc.org/about/careerforum/employer
Lead and Assistant Teachers: Southfield, MI
ABC Early Learning Center is looking for Lead & Assistant teachers wo are friendly, well-trained, and qualified (CDA or academic accreditation preferred but not required.) We have 2 locations in the Metro Detroit area. ABC North is located on Telegraph Road between 12 & 13 Mile inside the Farmbrook Medical Building. ABC South is located on the Southfield Freeway service drive inside of the First Baptist Church.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Lead Teacher Job Description Includes:
-Creating weekly lesson plans
-Maintaining Communication with parents
-Making Daily activity sheets
Assistant Teacher Job description includes:
-Aiding Lead Teacher
-Assisting with distribution of meals
-Aiding with projects, lesson plans, and assignments
To apply you can Email your resume To ABCEarlyLearningCenter@Yahoo.com or fax it to (248)355-3324
Lead Teacher, GSRP: Clinton Township, Michigan
Close to Home Child Care Learning Center/ Great Start Readiness Program
19865 15 Mile Rd. Clinton Township MI, 48035
The lead pre-school teacher is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate preschool program for young children that complies with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures. Nurtures children, provides meals, crafts, and instruction, and ensures students are clean and kept safe.
- Have knowledge of Creative Curriculum.
- Knowledge of how to write anecdotal notes and implement them into GOLD.
- Conduct two parent teacher conferences per year.
- Develop activities to stimulate the children.
- Establish policies and procedures for inside and outside the classroom.
- Become familiar with emergency procedures and protocol.
- Implement a weekly lesson plan.
- Conduct two home visits per year.
- The ability to work with a co-partner.
- Attend training conducted by the MISD.
- The ability to maintain above a 2.5 on the PQA.
- Conduct two parent meeting per year.
- Promote literacy and early education.
- Orchestrate a graduation at the end of school year.
Multiple Positions: Canton, MI
Schoolhouse Montessori Academy of Canton
1669 S. Haggerty Road
Canton, MI 48188
Do you have a passion for working with children? Do you have experience in a Montessori school or would like to gain experience in the Montessori classroom? If you enjoy working in a dedicated, professional and fun environment, Schoolhouse Montessori Academy would like to speak with you!
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
8am – 1:30pm, Monday – Friday Assistant Teacher
**Assists the Lead Teacher in delivering the Montessori curriculum to students. Assists in developing an exciting and challenging learning environment.**
3pm – 6pm, Monday – Friday Kid’s Club Teacher
**Assists the Lead Kid’s Club Teacher in delivering the Montessori curriculum to students in the after school care program.**
Flexible schedule, Monday – Friday Substitute Teacher
**Assists the Lead Teacher in delivering the Montessori curriculum to students. Assists in developing an exciting and challenging learning environment. This position may assist in the Montessori classroom or in the after school program**
Please contact Kelly Brewster, HR Manager at (734) 405-2354 xt. 3 or via email at email@example.com for more information and to schedule an interview today!
Infant Toddler Teacher
|Bright Start is in need of an early childhood educator to help run our infant / toddler program. We are looking for someone who has formal education in early childhood education and experience working with infants and toddlers. We hope to find someone with an in depth understanding of play based, child led learning with experience using The Creative Curriculum, High Scope, Reggio Emelia or similar curriculum. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call for more information about this opportunity to work in a 5 star rated early learning center.
Care Givers: Richmond, MI
We are looking for an energetic and experienced caregivers to work with our children . The perfect candidate should have experience within a licensed child care facility. The candidate should be comfortable dealing with children between the ages of 6 weeks to 5 years. The individual should have knowledge of licensing policies within the State of Michigan. We are looking for someone who can contribute ideas and be part of the entire program at Treasured Friends Daycare.
Treasured Friends Daycare offers a great work environment and flexibility in scheduling. This position is for 30-40 hours a week. We are looking for this teacher to be able to learn quickly and step into a role in our classrooms.
Nurtures children by developing and providing educational programs; keeping parents informed.
* Stimulates emotional, intellectual, and social growth of children by developing and directing educational programs and activities tailored to assigned class.
* Provides safe environment by maintaining orderly, clean, and appealing facilities; removing known safety hazards.
* Encourages children's participation by providing interactive activities.
* Informs staff and parents of curriculum by preparing and submitting lesson plans; posting schedules and curriculum outlines.
* Keeps parents informed by posting parent information in the classroom; maintaining and sharing records of child's progress, attendance, and behavior.
* Encourages development of children's self-control by utilizing classroom management and modeling techniques.
* Encourages consistency of service by maintaining communications with parents and staff.
* Protects families by keeping personal information confidential.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Applicant must have experience in a childcare setting
Safety Management, Creativity, Teaching, Presentation Skills, Flexibility, Motivating Others, Listening, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Self-Motivated, Deals with Uncertainty
Assistant Infant Toddler Teacher
Lambs at Christ Church Cranbrook (WWW.LITTLELAMBSCCC.ORG) is recruiting an Assistant Infant/Toddler Teacher for our Child Development Center.
At Little Lambs, we serve children from 6 weeks through 5 years (or kindergarten eligible) in a Christian-centered environment, providing full and half day care.
Our center is open Monday-Friday year-round. The program begins at 7:00 AM and ends at 5:30 PM each day.
This position is open to candidates with experience working with young children. We are looking for someone that is available to work 30 or more hours per week; hours may vary.
Responsibilities could include the following: • Provide assistance and support to all classrooms • Have the willingness to care for each age level when needed • Provide positive guidance to the children to develop self-discipline and social problem-solving skills • Ensure that the daily routines are done in a prompt, clean and consistent manner while following all licensing rules and center procedures throughout each day • Ensure the health and safety of children at all times.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience working in a child care center or early childhood setting. Candidates must have strong knowledge of early childhood development and use of positive classroom behavior management strategies. We are seeking a candidate who is loving, nurturing, flexible and willing to be a team player in our small family environment. Knowledge of State of Michigan licensing standards a plus.
If interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Nina Brown, Assistant Director, at email@example.com or to Kerry Malczewski, Center Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant/Associate Professor: Rochester, Michigan
Assistant/Associate Professor, Early Childhood Education. An Assistant or Associate Professor,
tenure-track position opening in the Department of Human Development and Child Studies at Oakland
University in Rochester, Michigan.
The Department of Human Development & Child Studies (HDCS), School of Education & Human
Services (SEHS), invites applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor position. The Department
offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a master’s degree in early childhood education, an education specialist degree in early education and intervention, and a PhD in early childhood education. The Department also offers degrees and certifications in areas of special education and autism spectrum disorders. The Lowry Center for Early Childhood Education, licensed by the State of Michigan and administered by HDCS, is a state-of-the-art facility housed in SEHS, offering early childhood education programming to children from 18 months to five years of age. Lowry Center provides a laboratory for developing and demonstrating best practices to cultivate the development of young children, practica for students and many research opportunities for students and faculty. Oakland University’s Center for Autism’s new Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) clinic, housed in SEHS, serves both on- and off-campus communities. The ABA Clinic is dedicated to treatment and research related to autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and provides training to OU students seeking careers in autism research and practice.
Candidates must possess an earned doctorate in early childhood education or a closely related
discipline. Preferred qualifications include expertise in early childhood education and early
intervention, some teaching and advising experience with graduate students, and scholarly publications
or presentations. Candidates should have strength in research methodology, including qualitative or
quantitative design and analysis.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a substantial benefits package.
Special Instruction to Applicants: Applications will begin to be reviewed January 29, 2016 and will
be accepted until the position is filled. For questions, contact Dr. Sherri Oden at email@example.com
or (248) 370 – 3027 or 3077.
1. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2. Cover letter detailing relevant experience in teaching, research, and service. Applicants must
upload all materials electronically for Position #998968 through the Academic Human
Resources web portal at https://jobs.oakland.edu/postings/6154
3. Transcripts from colleges and universities
4. Selection of publications, presentations or other written work
5. List of 3 references with contact information
The selection and review process will begin January 29, 2016 and will remain open until the position is
filled. Oakland University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer.
Assistant Director: Lansing, MI
Gretchen's House Early LCC is now accepting applications for a full time Assistant Director, for our program located on the campus of Lansing Community College. A Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education (or closely related field) is required, along with a minimum of two years teaching, plus two years of supervisory experience. Applicants must be familiar with NAEYC and the Reggio Emilia approach, and be willing to give a minimum of a two year commitment to the position.
*Elementary Education applicants must have a ZA or ZS endorsement.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: $32,400 USD Annually
MiAEYC Communications Coordinator: Lansing, MI
Responsibilities: To research, develop, produce, monitor and evaluate communications materials for internal and external constituencies.
- BA required in communications, marketing or related field.
- Three years of related experience.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Excellent writing skills: format, spelling, punctuation, grammar, proofreading.
- Knowledge and experience with print and electronic media.
- Proficiency with current software used by MiAEYC, such as Microsoft
- Office suite, InDesign desktop publishing software, Dreamweaver web design software.
The Communications Coordinator will work with Michigan AEYC to complete the following tasks associated with these responsibilities:
- Coordinate efforts of the Governing Board, committees and staff to develop communication strategies for implementing organizational goals.
- Implement a strategy for expanding and enhancing communications to members and the advocacy network.
- Produce a weekly e-newsletter
- Produce a monthly membership e-newsletter
- Develop and maintain a social networking strategy
- Maintain the MiAEYC web site
- Work with committees and staff to develop and produce:
- Conference programs and promotional materials
- Public information materials
Deadline: Open until filled
Application: Send a letter of application, resume, and 2 letters of recommendation to:
Erica Willard, Executive Director
839 Centennial Way, Suite 200
Lansing, MI 48917-9277
After School Teacher: Lake Orion, MI
Pee Wee Patch Child Development Center is currently hiring a full time PreK/after school teacher. We offer an hourly rate, several paid holidays and training. Pee Wee Patch is NAEYC accredited.
Our lead Teacher must meet qualifications for the state of Michigan Child Care Licensing and NAEYC. The transcripts must show a major in child development or early childhood education.
For more information on this position, please contact us at 248-814-1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Validator, Great Start to Quality: Lansing, MI
The Early Childhood Investment Corporation is seeking to hire multiple qualified and dynamic candidates for the position of Validator for the Great Start to Quality Program.
This position provides the chosen candidates the opportunity to use their skills to support Michigan’s tiered quality rating and improvement system that ensures families have access to quality child care and early learning programs. The primary responsibility of this position is to validate program Self-Assessment Surveys with child care and preschool programs statewide to ensure fidelity to the program model.
To excel in this position, the Validator will have a minimum of an associate’s degree in a discipline related to the field of ey childhood with 3 to 5 years related experience. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Knowledge of quality rating and improvement systems for early learning settings, and knowledge of appropriate evidence-based, research informed early learning program development and implementation is required.
This is a non-exempt, full time position based in Lansing. Compensation is competitively based on experience and includes a benefits package with health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, short- and long-term disability as well as employer paid contributions to a 401A pension plan.
The Early Childhood Investment Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit ECIC’s website to apply for position