Call a counselor at 866-648-3224 ext. 312 or chat live with a counselor using the chat feature at the bottom of the page to learn more about our scholarship program and application process. Live Chat feature is available Monday-Friday 7am-5pm. Determine your eligibility. You may be eligible for a T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Michigan scholarship if you:
- Work a minimum of 20 hours per week in a licensed center-based, family, or group home setting (CDA, Associates, Bachelor’s and Master’s degree scholarships) or a minimum of 20 hours per week in an eligible early childhood focused organization (Master’s degree scholarships only).
- Meet income eligibility requirements
- Meet specific scholarship eligibility requirements. See scholarship pages for more information.
Complete and submit your T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship application after admittance into a participating college or university. CDA Assessment or Renewal applicants should apply for a T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship after beginning the online application for the CDA Credential at www.cdacouncil.org. CDA applicants must apply for the credential online to be eligible for a T.E.A.C.H. scholarship.
Applicants working in a licensed child care program must submit a valid and active license number on your T.E.A.C.H. application. Visit www.greatstarttoquality.org to verify your program’s license number and status. Programs on a provisional or revoked license are not eligible for participation on the scholarship.
Incomplete applications will cause a delay in response time. Application processing typically takes 3-4 weeks from the submission of a complete application. Applying online will reduce application processing time.
Application deadlines for semester tuition to be paid in advance:
– Fall semester– complete application must be received by July 1
– Winter/Spring semester– complete application must be received by November 1
– Summer semester– complete application must be received by April 1
Questions? Please visit our FAQ