Michigan AEYC recognizes that emerging professionals need opportunities to work and learn along side leaders in our field. The MiAEYC Student Leadership Scholarship Award provides opportunities for education and leadership to an undergraduate student who is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in either elementary certification with the early childhood endorsement or child development. The purpose of providing a scholarship for this student is to develop a base for future leadership both in the profession and in the organization.
This award will be given to one student each year who, through his/her academic record and professional involvement, indicate strong leadership skills in the field of early childhood education or child development. A student may apply for an award more than one time.
- A scholarship of $2,000
- A 1-year membership in MiAEYC
- A complimentary MiAEYC conference registration and one night lodging the year of the award. The 2017 Conference is April 20-22, 2017. Presentation of the award will be on Saturday, April 22, 2017.
- An opportunity to work with leaders in the fields of early childhood education and child development,
- i.e., attending Governing Board meetings, mentoring, participating in local or state events.
- Applicant must have completed a minimum of 60 semester credit hours by the start of the next school year, and plan to enroll in undergraduate studies at that time.
- Applicant must have attained a grade point average of 2.75 or higher.
- Applicant must be attending or registered to attend a four-year college or university in the State of Michigan that is regionally accredited, or be enrolled in a teacher education program that is approved by the State of Michigan. On-line degrees are not eligible.
- Applicant must be a student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree major or minor in one of the following: Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field, e.g. Early Childhood Special Education, Family Studies.
- Applicant must be available for potential telephone interview late February to early March.
- This application must be received by midnight February 24, 2017.
- Applicants will be notified of the Scholarship Committee's decision by March 17, 2017.