Bachelor’s Degree Scholarship

A Bachelor’s Degree is usually earned at a four-year college or university. Articulation agreements with eleven four-year colleges and universities in Michigan allow providers working in the field of early childhood to transfer credits earned from a community college, and apply them toward a Bachelor’s Degree. The Bachelor’s Degree scholarship pays for the majority of the cost towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education / Child Development. A travel stipend, paid release time, and bonus are awarded based on eligibility. Scholarship recipients must commit to remain in their sponsoring program or the field of early childhood education for one year following the completion of their contract. You may be eligible for the Bachelor’s Degree scholarship if you:

  • Work a minimum of 20 hours per week in a licensed center-based, family, or group home setting
  • Earn $19.60 or less per hour
  • Have been admitted to a participating college or university
  • Are eligible to receive Michigan in-state student tuition rate
  • Have a minimum of 55 credits completed that will articulate toward a Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education or child development, a ZN Endorsement (Early Childhood General and Special Education Birth-K), or a ZO Endorsement (Lower Elementary Education Pre-K to 3rd grade) only when combined with a ZN Endorsement. Click HERE for a list of statewide colleges and universities offering early childhood general and special education (birth-K) endorsement.
  • Provide evidence that you have applied for financial aid