The CDA Assessment or Renewal scholarship is for financial support with the fee associated with earning or renewing a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential. The CDA credential is a nationally recognized certification that requires 480 hours of experience working with children and 120 clock hours of training. These 120 clock hours of training can be obtained at community colleges or through other training organizations. The CDA credential can be earned in four settings: Infant and Toddler, Preschool, Family Child Care, or Home Visitor (Note: Home Visitor setting not eligible for T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship assistance). The CDA credential must be renewed after 3 years and requires 45 clock hours of formal training for renewal. For more information about the CDA credential, please call the Council for Professional Recognition at 1-800-424-4310 or visit their website at www.cdacouncil.org.
The CDA Assessment/Renewal scholarship pays for the majority of the cost of the CDA Assessment or Renewal fee and provides a bonus once the credential is earned. Scholarship recipients must commit to remaining in the field of early childhood education for 6 months following the completion of their contract. You may be eligible for a CDA Assessment/Renewal scholarship if you:
- Work a minimum of 20 hours per week in a licensed center-based, family, or group home setting
- Earn $19.60 or less per hour
- Have completed 120 clock hours of training for initial assessment or 45 clock hours of training for renewal as required by the Council for Professional Recognition
- Have completed 480 hours of experience in the setting which you are applying for initial assessment applicants.
- Have completed a Professional Portfolio
- Have collected Family Questionnaires
- Have selected a Professional Development Specialist
T.E.A.C.H. no longer accepts paper applications. Please apply online only.