The Week of the Young Child™ is an annual celebration hosted by the NAEYC celebrating early learning, young children, their teachers, and families.
More information about Week of the Young Child™ can be found here.
View Governor Whitmer’s 2019 Proclamation for Week of the Young Child™ here. (Unfortunately due to COVID-19 we will not be receiving the 2020 Proclamation this year.)
Michigan AEYC encourages individuals and programs to celebrate young children year-round, not only during the Week of the Young Child™, April 11-17, 2020.
Ways to Celebrate Week of the Young Child in Michigan:
- Download the Press Release here.
- Download Ten Ways to Celebrate here.
- Download this April calendar of family activities here.
- Print it out and distribute it to your families.
- Create a display to highlight the family photos you receive.
- Celebrate Diversity! Download ideas here.
- Request your local elected officials join in! Sample local proclamation language here.