Toddler and Preschool Teachers, Ann Arbor, MI
Contact Person: Peretz Hirshbein
2935 Birch Hollow Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Job Title: Toddler and Preschool Teachers
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Ann Arbor is seeking Lead-qualified Toddler and Preschool teachers to come and join our team.
Our program serves children ages 2 months through 5 years. We believe that children are powerful, competent, and capable of solving problems and expressing intentions. We also believe that adults play a critical role in children’s learning, by supporting their efforts to explore ideas and solve problems, by scaffolding children’s ability to express their ideas and reflect on their experiences, and by establishing a positive climate for learning. Our program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and is the centerpiece of a vibrant community center.
Why you want to work with us:
- Our mission is to build community, and our teachers are the key to making sure everyone – children, families, colleagues – feels like they belong.
- We don’t just take care of children, we make the world a better place by helping raise responsible and compassionate citizens.
- We work in teams – everyone shares in the responsibilities of managing a vibrant classroom and center.
- We celebrate – A LOT. Not all of our families or staff are Jewish, but everyone is included in our many joyful celebrations.
- Associate’s degree in early childhood education, child development, or related field.
- A strong knowledge of child development Experience working in center-based childcare programs.
- Experience working with emergent curriculum approaches, particularly HighScope.
- Passionate about providing excellent daily care, initiating ideas and activities, and collaborating with a team of educators.
- Comfortable supporting and engaging parents and families.
- Skilled in communication, both written and verbal.
- Must be flexible and willing to help out where needed.
This is a full-time position and benefits include:
- Health & dental insurance
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Low-cost Aflac coverage
- Paid personal days and vacation
- Guaranteed hours
- Degree completion assistance
- JCC membership
Associates or above, salary is commensurate on qualifications and experience and ranges from $27,000 to $36,000 per year.
The JCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – our teachers come from diverse backgrounds.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Job: Apr 15, 2021
Preschool Teacher for GSRP classroom, Laingsburg, MI
Contact Person: Nikki Lange
320 E. Grand River
Laingsburg, MI 48848
Job Title: Preschool Teacher for GSRP classroom
- Manage a classroom of 16 students with assistance of an Associate Teacher.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, including co-teaching with Associate Teacher.
- Plan, implement, and monitor daily lessons based on the Connect 4 Learning curriculum.
- Document, evaluate, and report students growth and development via COR (Child Observation Record).
- Establish positive relationships and encourage the involvement of parents.
- Communicate with families via written and oral communications.
- Organize and maintain confidential student and family information.
- Follow and maintain State of Michigan licensing requirements.
- Implement high-quality developmentally appropriate practices as outlined by the GSRP Implementation Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Closing Date for Job: Aug 01, 2021
GSRP Associate Teacher, Southfield, MI
Contact Person: Patrick Coleman
24218 Garner St
Southfield, MI 48033
Job Title: GSRP Associate Teacher
Bradford Academy encourages and fosters:
- Discovery of oneself through cultural experiences
- Development of individual purpose that nurtures success
- Leadership in personal responsibility, service and dignity
- Achievement based on ethics and integrity
EXCELLENCE IS CHOICE.
Our real masterpiece is the unleashing of human potential. While our main focus is on creating the conditions of success for children to achieve their dreams, we also focus on developing one another through meaningful relationships, challenging work, constructive feedback, sound professional training, and a true commitment to nurturing the career path of each team member.
GSRP Associate Teacher
24218 Garner Street
Southfield, MI 48033
- At least 60 credit hours completed at a College or University or valid CDA (Early Childhood experience desired)
- Computer literate.
- Excellent verbal and written expression.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Works well in a collaborative environment.
To provide students with a first-class learning experience, contributing to their development as responsible citizens and leaders in their communities.
TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM:
To apply, please visit: https://choice.workbrightats.com/jobs/
Please contact Patrick Coleman, Human Resources Generalist directly with questions at Patrickcoleman@nullchoiceschools.com
Choice is an Education Service Provider for charter schools in Michigan and is the employer. Please visit www.choiceschools.com for more information. EEOC
Job Site: https://choice.workbrightats.com/jobs/
Closing Date for Job: Oct 01, 2022
Infant Room Lead Teacher, Riverview, MI
Contact Person: Bridgette Halcomb
15918 King Rd.
Riverview, MI 48193
Job Title: Infant Room Lead Teacher
We are currently hiring a lead infant teacher at our Riverview location.
We are an Early Childhood Learning center that is well known within the downriver community. The center services families with children from ages 6 weeks to 5 years. Our hours are 6:30 AM to 6 PM.
As a lead teacher, your responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Lesson planning an infant curriculum and learning about Riverside’s curriculum and implementation
- Communicating with the parents of the children in your classroom
- Ensuring the safety of the children in your care
- Building a friendly rapport with the families in our care
- Leading a staff of teachers to create a warm, safe, and educational environment
- Diapering/Helping children use the bathroom
- Basic cleaning duties throughout the center
- Enjoying being around children and caring for them and gently guiding them through their day
When hired, applicants are required to get a TB test, background check, and must complete 16 educational training hours each year.
A CDA (or higher) or equal experience and education in Early Childhood Education is required per licensing; a love for children and their care and development is required as well!
Hourly rate is dependent on experience and credentials.
Job Type: Full-time
We are following all protocol required by the state of Michigan and what is suggested by the CDC. Teachers wear masks, temperatures are checked at the door.
Job Site: www.childcareriverside.com
Closing Date for Job: Jun 01, 2021
Teaching Assistant for Afternoon, Troy, MI
Contact Person: Nagwa Essak
Troy, MI 48083
Job Title: Teaching Assistant for Afternoon
St. Mary Child Development Center is seeking a teacher assistant from 3-6 pm Monday-Friday. Please call 248-619-0530 for a phone interview.
No Job Site.
Closing Date for Job: Mar 04, 2021
Assistant Professor of Early Childhood & Elementary Education (tenure-track), Ypsilanti, MI
Contact Person: Wendy Burke
Eastern Michigan University
John Porter Building, West Circle Drive
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Job Title: Assistant Professor of Early Childhood & Elementary Education (tenure-track)
The Department of Teacher Education at Eastern Michigan University seeks an individual for a full-time, 8-month, tenure track position in teacher education beginning Fall 2021.
The College of Education’s enduring reputation of excellence in teacher education is sustained through a tradition of innovative and empowering practices, relevant and practical learning experiences and is upheld with a long-standing commitment to building a culturally diverse educational environment and preparing graduates for a socially just and democratic society. The department and college have established mutually collaborative relationships with schools and community organizations
with the goals of improving educator preparation, improving schools, contributing to the flourishing of local communities, and increasing the number of educators from diverse backgrounds. The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and inclusive excellence of the academic community.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include teaching and advising students at the undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral levels. The candidate will teach courses in Early Childhood and Elementary Education with an Early Literacy focus in a cutting-edge undergraduate teacher preparation program commencing Fall 2021. The candidate will be expected to maintain an integrated focus in teaching, scholarship, and service as well as collaborate with colleagues throughout the university and professional community. The candidate will be expected to work with students on
and off-campus, face-to-face, and in on-line environments and demonstrate a commitment to working with diverse students and community populations.
- Doctoral degree in Early Childhood/Child Development, Curriculum & Instruction or related field completed by the date of appointment from an accredited institution
- Expertise in Early Childhood Education and Early Literacy
- Prior classroom teaching experience at both the preschool and elementary levels
- An active research/scholarly agenda and accomplishments related to the appointment
- Higher education teaching experience
- Scholarship impacting best practice in Early Childhood Education and Early Literacy
- Teaching experience with field-based and/or community-based teacher educator preparation
- Minimum 5 years combined teaching experience as Lead Preschool Teacher and in a K-5 classroom
- Expertise in educational technologies and their impact on teaching practice
- Experience mentoring undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students from diverse populations
The successful candidate will serve an eight-month, tenure track appointment with potential for summer employment contingent on student demand and funding. A competitive salary will be based on qualifications and prior experience with a tenure track appointment at the assistant professor rank. The starting date should be no later than August 31, 2021.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, detailed curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement including two samples of recent scholarship, unofficial graduate transcripts, and names/telephone numbers of at least three references.
The application review on January 15, 2021, and will continue until a finalist is identified. For more information contact Dr. Wendy Burke, Department Head for the Department of Teacher Education at Eastern Michigan University at email@example.com. If contacted, you will be asked to present official transcripts of your highest degree earned at the time of the interview.
ALL ATTACHMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION. THEY CANNOT BE REVISED OR ADDED ONCE THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
EMU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Closing Date for Job: Aug 31, 2021
Click Here to Submit a Posting for an Open Early Childhood Position
Jobs will be posted within a week of submission.
Employers: The NAEYC Career Forum offers cost-effective rates and will put your jobs in front of exactly the right candidates – saving you both money and time.