You may be eligible for a T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Michigan scholarship if you:
- work in a licensed, tribal, Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE), or Developmental Kindergarten (DK) setting at least 20 hours/week directly with children. Positions include: Director, assistant director, teacher, assistant/aide, para-pro assigned to birth-pre-k setting 20 hours/week, owner, family/group home child care, curriculum specialist/director (20/week with kids), floater, site supervisor, school-age program staff. Cooks, bus drivers, administrative support and other positions in licensed, tribal, ECSE or DK setting must submit proof they work at least 20hr/week directly with children in a classroom. Position hours may be across licenses held by one organization.
- work in a position that supports the early childhood workforce working in direct contact with children. Positions include: Great Start to Quality resource center positions, ECIC staff (validation, assessment, training & technical assistance), Early Childhood Support Network (ECSN) positions, Department of Ed/OGS (ECE Consultant), IHE faculty, Early Childhood Specialist, Family Advocate, Head Start and GSRP grant manager, ECE trainers and consultants, child care licensing, PD Specialist, Home Visitor, Early On Coordinator (positions in this category meet eligibility for Master’s degree scholarship assistance only)
- meet the following income eligibility requirements:
- Earn no more than $17.00/hour if pursuing a CDA, Associate degree, or Bachelor’s degree coursework
- Earn no more than $65,000/year if pursuing Master’s degree coursework
- work in a program willing to sponsor you on scholarship, or are employed in a stipend scholarship approved program.
Complete and submit your T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship application after admittance into a participating college or university. CDA Assessment or Renewal applicants should apply for a T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship after beginning the online application for the CDA Credential at www.cdacouncil.org. CDA applicants must apply for the credential online to be eligible for a T.E.A.C.H. scholarship. View a video of the CDA Application process before beginning your scholarship application here: CDA Application Video
Applicants working in a licensed child care program must submit a valid and active license number on your T.E.A.C.H. application. Visit www.greatstarttoquality.org to verify your program’s license number and status. Programs on a provisional or revoked license are not eligible for participation on the scholarship.
Incomplete applications will cause a delay in response time. Application processing typically takes 4-6 weeks from the submission of a complete application. Applying online will reduce application processing time.
Application deadlines for semester tuition to be paid in advance:
– Fall semester– complete application must be received by July 1
– Winter/Spring semester– complete application must be received by November 1
– Summer semester– complete application must be received by April 1
Master’s Degree Scholarship Update: T.E.A.C.H. has met the annual capacity for Master’s degree scholarship awards. However, we are still accepting Master’s degree applications for our waiting list. You may complete an online scholarship application for a Master’s degree scholarship to be placed on our waiting list at this time. Applicants will be notified when a scholarship becomes available.
Questions? Please visit our FAQ, call a counselor at 866-648-3224 ext. 312 or chat live with a counselor using the chat feature at the bottom of the page to learn more about our scholarship program and application process. Live Chat feature is available Monday-Friday 7am-5pm.