You may be eligible for a T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Michigan scholarship if you:
- work in a licensed, tribal, Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE), or Developmental Kindergarten (DK) setting directly with children. Positions include: Director, assistant director, teacher, assistant/aide, para-pro assigned to birth-pre-k setting, owner, family/group home child care, curriculum specialist/director, floater, site supervisor, school-age program staff. Cooks, bus drivers, administrative support and other positions in licensed, tribal, ECSE or DK setting must submit proof they work at least 20hr/week directly with children in a classroom. Position hours may be across licenses held by one organization.
- meet the following income eligibility requirements:
- Earn no more than $17.00/hour if pursuing a CDA, Associate degree, or Bachelor’s degree coursework
- work in a program willing to sponsor you on scholarship, are employed in a stipend scholarship approved program, or are currently unemployed/laid off from your early childhood position due to COVID-19
Complete and submit your T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship application after admittance into a participating college or university. CDA Assessment or Renewal applicants should apply for a T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship after beginning the online application for the CDA Credential at www.cdacouncil.org. CDA applicants must apply for the credential online to be eligible for a T.E.A.C.H. scholarship. View a video of the CDA Application process before beginning your scholarship application here: CDA Application Video
Applicants working in a licensed child care program must submit a valid and active license number on your T.E.A.C.H. application. Visit www.greatstarttoquality.org to verify your program’s license number and status. Programs on a provisional or revoked license are not eligible for participation on the scholarship.
Incomplete applications will cause a delay in response time. Applying online will reduce application processing time. Complete applications including all required attachments must be received by the following dates for consideration and a scholarship award will be communicated within 6 weeks following the deadline:
Application deadline for CDA Training, Associates, and Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships:
– Fall Semester 2021– complete application must be received by July 1, 2021. Candidates will be notified of scholarship award within 30 days of the application deadline.
– Winter Semester 2022- complete application must be received by October 1, 2021. Candidates will be notified of scholarship award within 30 days of the application deadline.
Applications not received by the deadline will be moved to the next semester start date. Retro-active payment for a previous semester is not available.
CDA Assessment and Renewal Applicants: Please allow 4-6 weeks from time of complete application submission to be notified of your scholarship eligibility.
Applications are accepted in the order they are received AND prioritized based on participation in Michigan’s Great Start to Quality Star Rating System.
Master’s Degree Scholarship Update: T.E.A.C.H. has met the annual capacity for Master’s degree scholarship awards and is not accepting new Master’s Degree Scholarship applications at this time.
Master’s degree scholarships are currently awarded on a one semester term length.
Questions? Please visit our FAQ, call a counselor at 866-648-3224 ext. 312 or chat live with a counselor using the chat feature at the bottom of the page to learn more about our scholarship program and application process, or to request a downloadable application form. Live Chat feature is available Monday-Friday 7am-5pm.