You may be eligible for a T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Michigan scholarship if you:
- work in a licensed, tribal, Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE), or Developmental Kindergarten (DK) setting directly with children. Positions include: Director, assistant director, teacher, assistant/aide, para-pro assigned to birth-pre-k setting, owner, family/group home child care, curriculum specialist/director, floater, site supervisor, school-age program staff. Cooks, bus drivers, administrative support and other positions in licensed, tribal, ECSE or DK setting must submit proof they work at least 20hr/week directly with children in a classroom. Position hours may be across licenses held by one organization.
- Are pursuing a CDA, MiYDA, Associates Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education including ZN Endorsement (Early Childhood General and Special Education- Birth to Kindergarten), and ZO Endorsement (Lower Elementary Education- Pre-K to 3rd Grade) when combined with the ZN Endorsement.
- meet the following income eligibility requirements:
- Earn no more than $19.60/hour if pursuing a CDA, Associate degree, or Bachelor’s degree coursework
- work in a program willing to sponsor you on scholarship, or are employed in a stipend scholarship approved program.
T.E.A.C.H. Application Information
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2022 ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE. Michigan AEYC will no longer accepted printed T.E.A.C.H. applications. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-648-3224 ext. 312 if you need application assistance.
Complete and submit your T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship application after admittance into a participating college or university. CDA Assessment or Renewal applicants should apply for a T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship after beginning the online application for the CDA Credential at www.cdacouncil.org. CDA applicants must apply for the credential online to be eligible for a T.E.A.C.H. scholarship. View a video of the CDA Application process before beginning your scholarship application here: CDA Application Video
Applicants working in a licensed child care program must submit a valid and active license number on your T.E.A.C.H. application. Visit www.greatstarttoquality.org to verify your program’s license number and status. Programs on a 2nd provisional or revoked license are not eligible for participation on the scholarship.
Incomplete applications will cause a delay in response time. Complete applications including all required attachments must be received for consideration and a scholarship award will be communicated within 5-8 weeks of receiving a completed application. Applications are accepted in the order they are received AND prioritized based on participation in Michigan’s Great Start to Quality Star Rating System.
Master’s Degree Scholarship Update: T.E.A.C.H. has met the annual capacity for Master’s degree scholarship awards and is not accepting new Master’s Degree Scholarship applications at this time. Master’s degree scholarships are currently awarded on a one semester term length.
Questions? Please visit our FAQ, call a counselor at 866-648-3224 ext. 312 or chat live with a counselor using the chat feature at the bottom of the page to learn more about our scholarship program and application process, or to request a downloadable application form. Live Chat feature is available Monday-Friday 7am-5pm.
Please contact our office to receive a Spanish or Arabic version of the scholarship application by email at email@example.com or by phone at 866-648-3224 ext. 312.