You may be eligible for a T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Michigan scholarship if you:
- work in a licensed, tribal, Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE), or Developmental Kindergarten (DK) setting at least 20 hours/week directly with children. Positions include: Director, assistant director, teacher, assistant/aide, para-pro assigned to birth-pre-k setting 20 hours/week, owner, family/group home child care, curriculum specialist/director (20/week with kids), floater, site supervisor, school-age program staff. Cooks, bus drivers, administrative support and other positions in licensed, tribal, ECSE or DK setting must submit proof they work at least 20hr/week directly with children in a classroom. Position hours may be across licenses held by one organization.
- work in a position that supports the early childhood workforce working in direct contact with children. Positions include: Great Start to Quality resource center positions, ECIC staff (validation, assessment, training & technical assistance), Early Childhood Support Network (ECSN) positions, Department of Ed/OGS (ECE Consultant), IHE faculty, Early Childhood Specialist, Family Advocate, Head Start and GSRP grant manager, ECE trainers and consultants, child care licensing, PD Specialist, Home Visitor, Early On Coordinator
- meet the following income eligibility requirements:
- Earn no more than $17.00/hour if pursuing a CDA, Associate degree, or Bachelor’s degree coursework
- Earn no more than $65,000/year if pursuing Master’s degree coursework
- work in a program willing to sponsor you on scholarship, or are employed in a stipend scholarship approved program.
Complete and submit your T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship application after admittance into a participating college or university. CDA Assessment or Renewal applicants should apply for a T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship after beginning the online application for the CDA Credential at www.cdacouncil.org. CDA applicants must apply for the credential online to be eligible for a T.E.A.C.H. scholarship. View a video of the CDA Application process before beginning your scholarship application here: CDA Application Video
Applicants working in a licensed child care program must submit a valid and active license number on your T.E.A.C.H. application. Visit www.greatstarttoquality.org to verify your program’s license number and status. Programs on a provisional or revoked license are not eligible for participation on the scholarship.
Incomplete applications will cause a delay in response time. Application processing typically takes 4-6 weeks from the submission of a complete application. Applying online will reduce application processing time.
Application deadlines for semester tuition to be paid in advance:
– Fall semester– complete application must be received by July 1
– Winter/Spring semester– complete application must be received by November 1
– Summer semester– complete application must be received by April 1
Questions? Please visit our FAQ, call a counselor at 866-648-3224 ext. 312 or chat live with a counselor using the chat feature at the bottom of the page to learn more about our scholarship program and application process. Live Chat feature is available Monday-Friday 7am-5pm.